Friday 25 March 2011

2. How did you attract/ address your audience?

To attract my audience of teenagers and young adults I have made blue the most dominant colour throughout the whole text; to not exclude the female readers I have also included the colour red. My market research that I had done showed that blue was the most sought after colour.
The front cover makes use of emboldened and large font to attract the audience’s attention I have made the word ‘exclusive’ stand out which would draw the reader in; they want to see what this new information is. I have made it stand out by although it is a blue colour against a blue background the main words in the sell line is also blue. This would make the reader associate ‘exclusive’ with being one of the main features. My target audience would want to be some of the first people to hear about the latest news, so this would appeal to them.
Also at the top of the magazine the free poster that is advertised may also attract the audience as they would feel that they are getting something extra with the money that they are spending. It would help entice the readers to the magazine in contrast to another one that did not have a poster. Also the target audience of young adults that I am aiming for are most likely to put posters up on their wall so it would be relevant.
The image that I have used fits in with the colour scheme, by the blue eyes and the outfit, which makes the magazine more appealing to look at; it makes it loom more sophisticated. The artist is smiling and is having eye contact with the audience which in turn would make it help to establish a relationship. It creates interaction with the fans and they would feel a connection with the artist himself. In contrast to this I have made the artist put his hood up to stress the fact that he is undercover, that he has not been discovered by a record label.
I have also addressed my target audience by stating different technologies that are used e.g. internet, youtube. My target audience would be some of the sole users of this so they would feel that this magazine is aimed at them. 

No comments:

Post a Comment