Friday 25 March 2011

6. What have you learnt about the technologies from the process of constructing this product?

The technology that I predominantly used was Photoshop; I used this to edit the images that I took. Some of the images that I took were too dark so by researching and asking others how to use Photoshop I managed to lighten the pictures. I also learnt how to cut out the person neatly so that I could place him over the heading using the cut and blur tool. This allowed the person to look more 3D compared to the background; as though they were more in front of the magazine; the main focus. Placing the image over the masthead creates a meaning of the person being the most important element on the front cover.
I also learnt how to use blogger as I had never learnt how to blog before. I learnt how to create new posts and insert pictures into them. Through trial and error I managed to follow some other people who had also took media. Using blogger allowed me to keep myself and others up to date with what I had done and allow feedback such as comments on what worked and did not with the magazine.
Another technology that I learnt how to use was a 12 mega pixel digital camera. I used a less advanced camera but it did not have many of the special effects that I needed; the pictures that I took were too dark and were blurry. I then borrowed a more advanced 12 mega pixel camera which allowed me to take much larger pictures that were of a higher quality. This produced a better image as it was not pixelated and was more in focus, this then allowed me to do a better job of editing in Photoshop as I could blow up the image still with high quality. Using this advanced camera I could take better quality pictures in the dark, this allowed me to take the picture outside of the leas and have the sign shining out from the dark. Consequence to this it allowed me to create a more professional looking magazine.

No comments:

Post a Comment