Thursday 24 March 2011

The programs and everything else I used to create the magazine

The main program that I used to create the magazine was publisher. This was the program that I used to save my magazine progress along the way. Using this program I also saved my magazine into the file type .pdf ready for viewing. I created most of the magazine on this program such as the word art, inserting the pictures and moving them around to the right place.
To take the pictures I used a Nikon Coolpix 5200 as these produced the best images. For the first pictures I had to use a phone camera as my camera kept running out of battery. Using the Nikon allowed me to blow up the images as big as I needed without them becoming pixelated. Therefore I could crop some of the image and not worry about it becoming blurred like the phone images did. The camera also worked better in the dark so I was able to get a better effect with the Leas Cliff Hall sign.
For the images I used Adobe Photoshop so that I could change the image slightly e.g. make it brighter. This let me change the backgrounds and helped me to create the best image that I could. I also used paint to help me with some of the fonts that did not look as I wanted them to. I used it to add borders or fill in some of the fonts with a different colour.
I used www.dafont.com to get different fonts for the magazine. This allowed me to search for more proffesional fonts that would make my magazine more appealing to the eye.

No comments:

Post a Comment